This post is about being you. Embrace all the uniqueness and quirkiness that is you because that is who you are meant to be.
In my childhood, I wanted to fit in. I longed to be accepted and part of the “cool” crowd. Fast forward twenty-some plus years later and I’ve learned to embrace who I am.
Some things I’ve learned during my journey they call life:
1. Once you accept you others will follow.
2. The ones that criticize and judge you haven’t yet accepted themselves.
3. The world needs you exactly as you are because only you can give that particular sauce the world craves for.
4. It’s okay to be different. Who needs to wear a solid colored shirt all the same shade that everyone else is wearing when you can rock the differently, many hued print dress and make the room look fabulous just by your mere presence.
5. Always smile because no one smiles like you.
6. Surround yourself with those that accept you for you without judgment, complaint, or criticism. They’re the ones that deserve your shine.
7. Be open to accepting other’s differences because they too deserve to shine as much as you.
These are just some gems I’ve picked up along my journey. I hope this post inspired you to be, well, you!